FTC is the parent-teacher organization for Salt Creek District 48 and supports Salt Creek Primary School (SC), Stella May Swartz Elementary School (SMS) and Albright Middle School (AMS).
FTC has two main functions:
- To support the learning environment and expand the educational experiences in District 48. To do this we raise money to support field trips, school parties, and teacher grants. In conjunction with the school, we also hold educational events during the year that allow students to expand their learning outside the classroom.
- To promote community building by holding events that allow District 48 families to get together and have fun! Please see the calendar for specifics about upcoming events.
During the 2014-15 school year:
- FTC provided $8,576 in support to the schools last year for field trips, equipment and supplies for the school, curriculum enhancements and school event and dance sponsorship.
- FTC received $3,050 in sponsorships from corporations and foundations to support its work last year.
- More than 125 different volunteers helped out FTC by helping run games at Fall Fest, selling concessions at sporting events, and sorting Box Tops, along with many other duties.